• Coat of arms of Temnikov
    In the upper part of the shield is the coat of arms of Tambov. At the bottom - "a great and frequent forest, in a golden field, as a sign of the great abundance of forests." The coat of arms of the district town of Temnikov of the Tambov viceroyalty was approved on August 16, 1781.
  • Brand name
    The logo of the city of Temnikov is a combination
    of a unique sign and typeface.
    The logo sign is a capital letter
    of the name of the city with elements of ornament. The letter has
    two symbols on top, resembling a church dome.
    The graphic outline of the name of the city is made
    in an original font, giving solidity,
    additional volume to the entire logo and maintaining
    the unity of all its elements.
    A single composition of the sign and the typeface
    of the logo is designed to symbolize all the historical
    components and attractions of the city of Temnikov.

Historical background

Temnikov is a city in the Kasimov Kingdom, known since 1536 as a Russian guard fortress in the Mordovian forests. The oldest city in Mordovia. Temnikov was first mentioned in the eighties of the XIV century in a separate letter of Dmitry Donskoy and Oleg Ryazanovsky. Until 1536, it was located near the village of Old Town. It was moved to its present location in March 1536, when construction began on the new location where the city is located now.
Temnikov has come a long way in several centuries of his existence. According to documents and maps of administrative affiliation, during its existence Temnikov was part of various counties and provinces. At first he was listed in the Zamokshan camp of the Meshchersk region.
When Peter I carried out an administrative reform in 1708, Temnikov was enrolled in the Kazan province, in 1719 provinces were organized as part of the vast Azov province, Tambov and Shatsk became the centers of two provinces. The territory of Temnikov was attached to the latter. 56 years later, in 1775, the Tambov Viceroyalty was created. Temnikovsky became one of the counties of this viceroyalty. In the Tambov governorate, and then the province, Temnikovsky district stayed for almost 150 years, until 1923, when, according to the new zoning, it was assigned to the Penza province. Temnikov of that time was a small county town. Handicraft workshops, an iron foundry, paper and faience factories - that was what made up his industry. There was one cooperative store in the city, a hospital with 30 beds, a county and parish school. And only the churches, and there were nine of them, towered over the city like sentries called to guard its peace. The city, which belongs to the cities of the pre-Petrine era, was built up chaotically, therefore it is characterized by a radial structure of the urban plan. With the creation of the Middle Volga Region in May 1928, the counties of the Penza province were also included in it. Temnikovsky county became a district of this region. In July 1928, the Central Executive Committee of the Central Volga Region formed the Mordovian District. Temnikovsky district was included in this district, transformed in 1930 into an autonomous region, and then in 1934 into the Mordovian Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. The date of formation of Temnikov is July 16, 1928. After the collapse of the USSR, the city of Temnikov and the Temnikovsky district became part of the Republic of Mordovia.
The objects of cultural heritage on the territory of the urban settlement are represented by monuments of history, urban planning and architecture. Today there are about 16 historical monuments and 6 monuments of urban planning and architecture. On many buildings in the city there are memorial plaques associated with the names of remarkable people of the city of Temnikov. This is, first of all, the educator of the Mordovian people, the founder of Mordovian poetry E.F. Dorofeev, People's Artist of the Mordovian ASSR, Honored Artist of the RSFSR, composer L. I. Warriors. The house where Hero of the Soviet Union S. V. Astrakhan was born and lived has been preserved on Moskovskaya Street.
Famous natives, figures whose life is connected with the city
Russian Russian Navy Admiral Fyodor Fyodorovich Ushakov (1745-1817), who went down in the history of not only Russian, but also world naval art as an invincible naval commander, is associated with the concept of love and fatherland among the Temnikovites. He took an active part in the creation of the Black Sea Fleet. His new tactics of naval combat, even with the smallness of the Russian squadron, brought victory. In all his years of service in the Navy, he has not lost a single battle. Great glory Russia brought the fleet under the command of Ushakov in actions in the Mediterranean Sea, in the operation to liberate the Ionian Islands from the French. A particularly outstanding event was the storming from the sea, which was considered an impregnable fortress of Corfu.
During the Great Patriotic War, appreciating the merits of Admiral Ushakov, the Soviet government established the Order and Medal of Ushakov. The Ushakov Medal was awarded to 12515 sailors, sergeants and petty officers, 178 officers, admirals of the Navy and naval aviation were awarded the Order of Ushakov. After the war, one of the warships of the Navy was named after Ushakov. Since 1974, the Temnikovsky district has been granted the right to send its conscripts to the Admiral Ushakov cruiser As a sign of gratitude to descendants, a monument to F.F. Ushakov has been erected in the city (Illustration No. 9).
Leonid Ivanovich Voinov (1898 - 1967), a talented teacher, virtuoso performer on the balalaika, composer, organizer and leader of the local orchestra of Russian folk instruments, one of the founders of Mordovian professional music, left the inextinguishable light of reason and talent to the Temnikovites. Warriors went from balalaika to composer, People's Artist of the Mordovian ASSR, Honored Artist of the RSFSR. His orchestra was organized in 1917. Expansive and powerful, gentle and heartfelt melodies sound to this day, delivering aesthetic pleasure to listeners. In Temnikov, the house where L.I. Voinov lived has been preserved. A music school and one of the streets of the city bear his name.
Kirill Poluektovich Naryshkin (1623-1691) was a Russian statesman of the 19th century, grandfather of Peter 1. In 1660, he was a voivode in Temnikov. Reorganized the activities of the Temnikovskaya pit, streamlined the involvement of the Posadsky peasants in the postal service.
Alyona Arzamasskaya – Temnikovskaya is the leader of an insurgent detachment during the peasant war under the leadership of S. Razin. Burned by order of Prince Yuri Dolgorukov, in a log cabin on the Market Square in Temnikov.
Theodore of Sanaksarsky (1719-1791) (in the world Ivan Ignatievich Ushakov, uncle of Admiral F.F.Ushakov) is the renewer of the Sanaksarsky monastery. . From 1759 he settled in the Sanaksar desert, in 1762 he was ordained a hieromonk, from 1764 – abbot and builder of the Sanaksar monastery (illustration No. 10).
Nifont (1767-1842) (Vasily Petrovich Chernitsyn in the world) was the ninth abbot and the first abbot of the Sarov Monastery. Contemporary of Seraphim of Sarov.
Ivan Ivanovich Lavrov is one of the prominent professional actors of the mid–19th century.
Novosiltsev Yuri Alexandrovich - the leader of the Temnikovsky nobility from 1884 to 1917, was an honorary justice of the peace, held the post of chairman of the Zemstvo assembly for six years. For 24 years he was a county zemstvo and provincial vowel. He was distinguished by liberal views, the second congress of zemstvo figures of Russia was held in his Moscow apartment in 1905.
Demidov Igor Platonovich (1873-1946) – since 1902, honorary justice of the peace of Temnikovsky district, participant of the Russian-Japanese war, upon his return – Temnikovsky district leader of the nobility and chairman of the zemstvo council.An active participant in the zemstvo movement, a deputy of the 1st State Duma from the Tambov province, a member of the Central Committee of the Cadet Party.
Rudyavsky Alexander Ivanovich (1876-1946) – surgeon, Honored Doctor of the Mordovian ASSR.Since 1909 – head of the Temnikovskaya zemstvo hospital, secretary of the county Red Cross Society, member of the board of the society for mutual assistance of primary school teachers of the city, secretary of the society for mutual assistance to poor students of the city. On Rudyavsky's initiative, the first kindergarten was opened in Temnikov in 1914.
Zakhar Fedorovich Dorofeev (1980-1952) – founder of Mordovian professional fiction, poet, translator, organizer of education of the Mordovian people, public figure, In 1909-14 worked as a folk teacher in the village of Polskoye Ardashevo of Temnikovsky district, was engaged in collecting and translating works of Mordovian folklore into Russian. Since 1918 - Head of the Department of Public Education of Temnikovsky district, during the Civil War – commander of all the armed forces of Temnikovsky district.
Panfilov Ivan Mikhailovich (1909-1989) – civil aviation pilot, senior ship commander, major. During the years of service, he made 4528 flights, flew 5324 hours. After leaving the reserve, he was professionally engaged in painting. The works are kept in the Temnikovsky Local History Museum named after F.F.Ushakov and in private collections in Russia and abroad.
Sergey Vasilyevich Astrakhantsev (1914-1943) – Hero of the Soviet Union, awarded the Order of Lenin.
Evgeny Nikolaevich Kablov (born 1952) is the General Director of the State Enterprise All-Russian Research Institute of Aviation Materials, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor. Author of 75 scientific papers, 34 patents and copyright certificates, monograph "Heat resistance of nickel alloys".
Fedor Nikolaevich Bobylev (born 1912) is a Mordovian poet. The poetic talent of a modest school teacher turned out to be on a par with the work of such luminaries as S. Marshak, K. Chukovsky, A. Barto, S. Mikhalkov. The publishing house "Enlightenment" published in the 60s the "Russian Alphabet" for children of the 1st grades of secondary schools. On its pages, next to the works of famous writers, poems by Fyodor Nikolaevich Bobylev were also placed.
In total, he presented about twenty books to young readers. Temnikovsky poet published many poems for the youngest readers in the magazine "Murzilka".
Made on